Saturday, May 2, 2009

Gone for the Gold

Those of you who check here each week for the answers to last week’s quiz may have noticed that I have been absent for a few weeks.

Last week I was in Houston, Texas. Reaping a reward for some of the other work I do with words; namely, screenwriting. My husband and I write together. And we have successfully adapted his short film into a feature length script. The readers at WorldFest Houston found A One-Color System, the feature, worthy of a Gold Remi Award.

The hospitality was lovely. The awards banquet treated us to great food, decent entertainment and the excitement that almost everyone in the room was there to get an award or support someone getting one.

The air in Houston isn’t something you breathe, as much as something you swim through. The only thing that kept the temperature in check was the gale force winds. All I can say is that I am very lucky that my hair is short and straight.

I apologize for the long absence. I was out of town last week and catching up on the rest of my life this week.

Here are the answers for the last quiz. A new one will be coming in the next few days. My current theme is going to be basketball, in honor of the Lakers. May they make it all the way to the top this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment